Friday, July 01, 2005

Look boobys!!!

Last night we went for milkshakes after dinner and dropped one off for my dad at work. When we went in I noticed that he had quite the pair of boobys on his calendar. Of course I had to say it... "Look boobys!" My mom gave me one of the strangest looks I think I've ever seen. Then when she realized I was referring to the blue-footed variety (it's a bird for those of you that are ignorant of such things, and yes it's spelled with a "y" when referring to the bird) she started to laugh and called me immature. It was funny if you ask me.

I think I'm going to get lung cancer. The past couple days at work I've been forced to inhale fumes from UV spraypaint. It sucks. This paint is cool though. It's completely clear unless you shine a special UV flashlight on it. We use it to mark the location of our wireless access points when they're up in a ceiling. I was sick of doing smiley faces like we're supposed to (yes I know it's gay) so I went artistic and painted some frowny face with angry eyebrows and a tongue. We'll see if they notice. We were saying that we should write clues around campus with this stuff and then tell people there's hidden clues to a secret treasure on campus but we won't tell them where the clues are or how to see them. Never know, it could be fun.

Two nights ago we came home to find our phone lines laying in our yard. It hadn't been windy, it wasn't raining, and there was no accident. Now I don't know about you but I've never seen a phoneline jump off the pole before. So we have no clue what took out our neighbor's line as well as our own. Of course even though it was reported to them sometime around 7 (my dad heard the call on the police scanner at work) they told us they wouldn't have someone there until the morning. So much for phone, updated TiVo channel guide, and internet. Thankfully it was fixed till I got home from work the next day.

Did you ever get so used to seeing something that it doesn't even register in your brain anymore even when you go somewhere else and should therefore be unusual? Let me explain. I had seen this girl around Bucknell a couple times and she kinda reminded me of someone I knew from Pitt (it wasn't that person though). So anyway we were installing wireless outside of the chem lab she works in. She walked by and smiled and I didn't think anything of it. As we continued to work I glanced in and noticed her shirt was blue and I could see a yellow "P" on it. Wait a sec... So I had to watch her till she turned around so I could see the front of her shirt. Sure enough it was a Pitt shirt. I didn't even realize it or I might have attempted to strike up a conversation earlier. I was wearing my resnet shirt so I don't know if maybe she saw that and that's why she said hi, or maybe she was like me and just plain didn't put 2 and 2 together about Pitt and was just being friendly. Hopefully she didn't see me sitting there outside the door watching for her to turn around or else I might be labeled as a stalker. Whatever, it was just kinda surprising to see another Pitt person, especially at work. It's also weird that I have no idea who she is since she is probably local. If I ever run into her again I'll have to see if she really does go to Pitt or if maybe her b/f does and she was just wearing the shirt...

Tonight I learned that I'm pretty good at throwing a ping pong ball into a plastic cup. For whatever reason I had never decided to try it before. I even made my very first shot (as well as the one after it). I am now undefeated lifetime. So now I can brag about my prowess... until the next time I play and lose horribly.

Remember, squirrels use crosswalks too.
Eric

2 comments:

Matt said...

boobys. wow dude, you are immature. but that's ok. i like it. i enjoy my friends immature. i surround myself with compltely childish people. and you are the headrunner.

dude, get a can of that paint. no seriously, get a can of that paint.

i'm going mcquaid style all over campus. you know what that means. giant penises, EVERYWHERE.

dude, grow a fucking pair and talk to the girl. seriously - you go to pitt, and she's wearing a shirt. even if she didn't go there, and you didn't think you saw her there, it's a good way to get the conversation started! "hey, do you go to pitt?" "no, i'm just a fan" "oh well, i go there. i'm the starting quarterback."

go with it.

Eric Richie said...

beer pong? I was simply throwing ping pong balls at cups for no reason... umm yeah